Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Work" week at the River

Jason, Stevan and Joyce


Robbie

Me & Clayton

Stevan


Clayton is not too sure about a QUAD - these bikes are for girls!!!



See - they are working...................


And more working.................................

Joyce and her stuck quad :(


Clayton & Danica

The boys are on the hills







Yay - We had our first weekend at the River for 2010. So officially it wasn't really a "weekend away" and technically I wasn't even invited, but the guys had decided to make it a Work Weekend and do some repairs at the house...and since I've been running like a crazy person for forever, Stevan suggested I come along and spend time laying out relaxing without kids :) Love him!! So the kids were packed up and stayed with Grandma & Grandpa minus Clayton, who I decided could come with us last minute. He really wanted to go and see Robbie & Debby....Debby didn't end up going, but Danica did and I figured he'd keep her company so I could relax :) We also had complaints from the kids who wanted to go and "help"....they were sure we'd get the boat out to which I said "no way - we are WORKING!!".....so imagine our surprise when we pulled up and saw the boat out :) We went for a quick ride and then went to dinner at Crossroads (yummy) and then went home and watched movies and hung out until the morning. Clayton and Danica went on golf cart rides...a highlight if you ask him. Stevan got up at the butt crack of dawn and proceeded to hammer away at the deck :( I finally got up and did some more relaxing until we decided to break out the dirtbikes and take a little break. we had fun - I rode the quad and took Clayton on his first quad ride...you know quads are for girls!!! He was unsure but ended up liking it - he was mad that he didn't have his own riding gear, but he got over it quick. Jason Mackay's fiance was there riding for the first time and rode the quad into some water...the boys were off on the hills so I had to ride home, get the truck and tow the quad out....ha ha - poor thing was scared she'd wrecked the bike. After testing the bikes I laid out and read my book while Clayton played with the beach toys - we went up for lunch and then back for more laying out and a new book......all the while the boys did some work. We ended up not getting the boat out and everything cleaned up and put away until 6ish, so I was dead and not willing to get in the car and drive 3 hours home...so we stayed the night and woke up super early and drove home to find our happy kids frown when Clayton told them about all the "work" we did....woo hoo - I did a LOT of relaxing - it was much needed.

0 comments: