Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hall of Flame field trip

This week I chaperoned a field trip to the Firefighters Hall of Flame with Tristen's 2nd grade class. I wasn't sure what to expect - except for the headache I got sitting on the bus with 60 2nd graders for 1 hour into Phoenix...but I am happy to report I was pleasantly suprised. The museum actually had quite a few early handpumps and steam pumps and then an area with at least 15-20 fire engines ranging from the early 1900's through present. There was an area dedicated to 9-11 with a piece of the Twin Towers, along with names of fallen emergency responders. The kids all had a great time and I'll have to admit I did too. I had a group of 4 kids including Tristen and they were great kids - we had a fun time :)






Taylor, Sami, Tristen and Sophie


Me & Tristen


Tristen


the bus ride to the museum

0 comments: