Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

BUSY BUSY BUSY








Saturday we were running from thing to thing all day. The kids had a Primary Activity in the morning. I went and worked with my parents this morning, so Stevan dropped the kids off at the church for their activity and then had to run out and find some tailbone pads for Mason - no small feat out here in the middle of nowhere. Luckily I got done early and made it back home by 11am, jumped into my Pioneer costume and ran to the church to help out. The kids had an awesome time and got to make homemade butter and eat homemade bread. The activity was a success. Next we had to get Mason to the field by 12:30 for warm-ups...I think the boys left the house at 12:30 (my fault) and the girls followed with Lisette at 1:00 so the girls could be at the field to warm-up and get their hair done (it is all about the hair people). So Lisette and I dropped off everyone and then snuck off to Walmart to get goodies and drinks. Well the boys ended up losing their first game. It was a sad day for the Powell's....Mason and the Bruins let us down at the same time...but enough of that. The day was nice - Stevan set up the shade and there was a breeze....the girls were cheering with their team - although Miss T was her usual self - she was going to cheer when she was ready...so she was often behind as it took time to get those stinking pom poms arranged :) They also decided that they needed to take a break after every couple of cheers - I got pics though. Clayton spent time at the playground behind us, while Stevan wandered up and down the sidelines yelling and checking the score on his blackberry. I was volunteerd to take video of some of the game - I hope they take dramamine before watching the video, and then Lisette and I sat back, sipping our 32 oz sodas with our feet up on the ice-chest. Mason did ok - we just need to work on sticking with your guy - he plays both offense and defense and sometimes center. The program was pretty funny though...Mason is listed 1st as he is 00 this year so it lists him at 5ft and 123 lbs.....I guess they say he is that much with his pads on - I was a little disturbed at first but he told me he only weighs 107.... After all the fun of the day we ran home, cleaned up for card night - we had some friends come over and we played cards and ate snacks until late......It was a busy day but full of fun....can't wait to do it again.

3 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys are loving your new place!

Unknown said...

sorry they lost! We'll totally come next game night. We love game night! I would say let's do it at our house, but I know that would be a hastle for you with the kiddos...

Ted and Amanda said...

I like the cheer uniforms!