Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Desert Hills Mud Bowl








Oh what a fun time - the Young Men in the ward decided to have a Mud Bowl for their combined activity with the Young Women and decided to invite the whole ward to join in. Well, since Stevan is in the Young Men's program..of course I had to represent. We heard the rumor that the girls weren't really interested in getting muddy so Liisa Lopez and I tried without success to recruit. She had to represent because her husband Eddie is the 1st Counselor with Stevan as the advisor for the boys. Well let me tell you - what a turn out - we even had some girls get in and get muddy. It was Stevan and the Utah Utes against Tor and BYU - unfortunately BYU won....even with Bishop on our side........boy we are sucking up with football this year.... but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - even if Liisa and I were the only women out there with the boys and young women. I have to tell you, I was fine jumping around in the mid-calf high water and mud until Ryleigh Ingram came to show me a frog she had found in the water - I cringed as she then screamed because the frog jumped out of her hand - I swear each time I felt something squishy after that I hoped it wasn't the frog. I forgot to bring towels - of course - so we brushed off what we could with the blanket we keep in the back of the car - we ate ice-cream and then stopped to get Mason from Football practice. He was not a happy camper when he saw that Ashlen and Tristen were allowed to participate...at first it was only 12 and older...but who could stop the little ones. Clayton surprised us - he stayed clear of the mud and only crossed over the little bridge to get his ice-cream. Can't wait for next years Mud Bowl !!! Good idea Eddie.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That is a good idea. I'll have to recommend that for next summer. I think our girls would love it. They did great at water kickball and even did the slip n slide to home.

Analiese said...

That looks like so much fun!
Your car would have copped a beating afterwards with the muddy passengers!

jaketara said...

I'm bummed I missed it! That sounds like a ton of fun. Next year they should just make it a ward activity.

How have you been? How is Primary? You are awesome... tara

Jake and Alisa said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!