Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

Time to vent

Can I just say it is very hard to watch little kids play football. I guess I could say it is sometimes hard to watch anyone play football - especially when they are losing...but especially when you are invested in the game and you see all the moves that should be played that are not being played. I think I have waited for Football season forever this time around...that may be the problem there...but it finally is here and I am over it. It is hard to sit and watch Mason's team practice and then sit and watch them lose. I know I'm being harsh - it has only been 2 weeks .... and lets face it I am a grown woman - things like this shouldn't get to me...but they do. Stevan had a chat with Mason - we neeed to see more effort on his part - that we can control..the rest of the team not so much. At least if I see more effort from Mason I may get back into the game a little more. So he has been told that the blocking needs to be better and that he needs to start rushing the QB - he's gotta quit sitting back and letting the other guys do it. Poor kid - he is on both the offensive and defensive line - but he is there for a reason..Sadly he is one of the bigger guys on the team...that is not saying much...so he gets to be there in the thick of it. So here's hoping my season picks up - otherwise you will have to put up with me whining again!!!! Gee I guess soccer was a little better.....I was stressed when they put him as goalie. Sorry - hope I didn't bore you :)

2 comments:

Nettie said...

nice to hear you finally whining about SOMETHING! Sheesh. I thought I was going to have to do something provocative...like throwing bleach on your lawn or putting a hornets nest in the front seat of your car.

Eric and Alison said...

That is very irritating, because we are experiencing the same thing with Nikolas. He wanted to play Flag Football and now he doesn't want to play anymore....are you kidding me, that was expensive and he WILL finish out the season....
thank you for venting, it is nice to know that another parent is irritated about sports like me!!!!!