Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

random updates - no photos

So I thought I'd give a quick update on what's what before I forget - this is my journal you know - and if I don't put it down it will be lost forever :( So all kids were given awards this past quarter for grades. Mason made the "Teachers Honor Roll" Ashlen made the "Principals Honor Roll" and Tristen made the "Scholars of Distinction" list. Stevan and I made it to Tristen's award ceremony this time around and walked in just as they were calling her up on stage. What luck - and then my camera wouldn't focus ( it has been doing this for a while now) so there are no pics...but on the upside - my wonderful husband went out and bought me a new camera - so look out world I am up and running again :) We also witness Dr. Egan singing a solo which was a treat - the Pirate song is one to be heard - ask him to sing it to you when you bump into him at church - it is a treat:) I am in the process of moving our office into our formal dining (which we actually use as a study for the kids) and in doing so have moved computers etc which has been fun for me to set up. My BIL Devin came over and made the room Computer ready with his handy skills and now we are ready to go. Well we have an old laptop of Lisette's that I was using until Stevan bought me a new one,,,and so I told the kids they could use that for school work and to load songs onto their ipods...so Ashlen went ahead and took it upon herself to become the administrator and assigned a password and then locked Mason out so he couldn't read her stories she has been writing!!! HaHa - and then she accidentally pushed number lock and didn't realize it so she couldn't get back in!!! HaHa - and then Mason really got mad - he couldn't charge his MP3 for a couple of days!! It was drama let me tell you and I couldn't stop laughing...so I fixed it - yep I know amazing - and I became the Administrator with a password and assigned each kid an account with NO passwords. How the heck did we survive without computers when we were little? - I'll tell you - I had a stinking electric typewriter. Even Tristen has Tech in school and has a super long password that she recited to me to prove that she could have a password on our computer. I can't even remember that many digits!! Ok - so then we also signed Tristen up for soccer - she looks good on the field - way better than Ashlen did when she played soccer but then again Ashlen only cheered on the soccer field in between doing cartwheels so I guess that isn't very hard!!! But She does look good - she runs hard and chases down the ball - look out Beckham - Powell is on the field. And Finally I am getting around to painting the boys room - it should all be painted by the end of the week. I am in blue right now, Stevan needs to get some yellow for a stripe and then I need to paint the boys shelving and beds black. I have to order their Fathead Bruin and will post pics when that is completed. I think that is it - I have to get photos of the Rainbows on T's feet if she stops long enough with them on...we have a story there...and we are gearing up for more sports sign-ups...........

2 comments:

Kayla said...

HAHA! I love how ashlen locked him out with her secret password. that is great!
PS. my mom's blog is:
www.thegoodrichgang.blogspot.com

I had the link on my page, but I guess I didn't make it very clear where it was. HA! sorry!

PJ and Me said...

Wow, it sounds like the Powells are busy. I love how you just laugh when your kids do what they do. You sound like a fun mom.