Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 17, 2009

Salt River Canyon

So yesterday I went to Salt River Canyon with some friends. The day started out crappy...I should have known things would be bad..but I guess I need that hit across the head in order to listen sometimes. We woke up with not only Clayton having a fever, but Tristen too..they didn't feel well and said their throats hurt, so I figured we'd load them up on fever reducer and let them rest by the water. So we met the Winsors, Robinsons, Hills and Hunsakers at Circle K, gassed up and got our sodas and started out..we hadn't been on the road for 15 minutes when I heard a weird noise..sounded like something hit the side of my car..then it started pulling to the side and sure enough something crazy had torn up the tire. Luckily we are your typical mormons, traveling in a caravan, lots of big vehicles, so I was able to pull over to the side of Hwy 79, stuff kids in each persons car and jump in Nettie's car with Tristen and Clayton. Nettie's boys were awesome and volunteered to jump in the back of her truck to make room for us. So after that 20 minute unplanned stop we got back on the road. It took a while to get there...we stopped for potty breaks, pick up some dramamine, Tristen was carsick and had thrown up in a bag, we grabbed some pizza, had a little traffic stop due to road works..but made it and it was worth it. The place was beautiful - see from the pictures!?! Actually when I pulled out my camera the batteries were dead!!! So Michelle took some pics...I'll post them when I get them...but we set up the awning, our chairs and snacks, the kids took off and we saw them periodically when grabbing a slice of pizza or drink. The water was perfect, nice and refreshing...picture a larger slide rock with way warmer water, some smaller pools to sit in and larger pools at the end of each slide section. There was also a larger pool area with a place for the big kids to jump - Mason wore out his shorts - there are holes in the seat of them!!!. We stayed for a few hours and packed up just as huge drops started plopping down..we got caught in a downpour but it felt nice. We started home where the poor missionaries were waiting for us to teach a discussion. Stevan was supposed to try get the tire fixed but got stuck at work so my mom went to get my car towed back to our house..but couldn't find it..I told her the wrong name of the road..so she panicked and called the sherrif's dept. to see if it got towed. I had no service in Globe where we were so when I got in touch with her she got the right place and was waiting for a tow truck which was going to take almost 2 hours!! They were going to dispatch one from Tucson!! So we stopped on our way home, Nettie volunteered to stay and wait for the tow truck so I could get home with Tristen and Clayton who were feeling crappy... bless her heart...She and the kids watched movies and waited. I got home to find the missionaries next door waiting for me....the boys pulled up with Kelly after a few minutes then hung out with the missionaries trying to get a location for their discussions as I didn't have a priesthood holder over 18 at my house...and Kelly sat with me so they could hang! Poor Nettie finally got to my house with the tow truck driver at 8pm....I have the BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!! I have a hard time accepting service - but was glad they were there offering. I am also glad the day was pull of fun and we are planning another trip soon where we get up earlier and spend way more time there, without car troubles and with a working camera. The day could have been a real disaster ( especially since I am a pessimist ), but with good friends it wasn't and I had a great time despite the problems of the day.

2 comments:

charlotte said...

What a day! I would have probably gone home after the tire thing.

Nettie said...

I can't wait to go again. It was so fun!!!....and I LOVE knowing you're a pessimist. I've been in denial for so long, but it's easier to admit when I'm in good company.