Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mason turns 12

So it is kind of a huge deal when you blink and then realize that 12 years have passed by super quick. Mason turned 12 on Monday November 24th. It didn't really hit me until he asked me to drive him to Mutual on Wednesday night. It took me back and my immediate response was "you aren't old enough" wrong Kylie - he is now. So reluctantly I drove him to the church, and then watched him jump out of the car and run in - chatting with the other deacons. What a wake up call. Then when I went to pick him up there was a bunch of guys hanging outside goofing off....yep this is all coming back to me - all the fun stuff we used to get up to..the trouble we caused, the thought that we could do whatever we wanted cause we were cool...it is all coming back to me and I am not excited. So Bishop Olson said it is all uphill from here - I could hit him for that comment but it is true :( So now I have a kid who wears skinny jeans, flat billed hats, MP3 constantly in his ear, sports jock with girls hanging around...oh and lets not forget the wearing of Axe body spray in large doses almost teenager who thinks it is cool that Tanya Yost thought he was in 8th grade AND turning 13. UUURRRGGGGG - when will this be over..I don't think I was cut out to be the parent of a teenager....and am I even old enough?? Sadly yes - and I will have another one in 4 years. At least I'll get to practice of Mason :)

1 comments:

Crazy Petersens said...

I'm so glad that another mom is experiencing this. You are in good company my friend. :) The time is coming when Mason will think he is the parent and you are dumb (on an upside...Troy only does this when he is tired, so we make sure he gets lots of sleep).

Call me if you ever need to vent about these crazy teenagers! :)