Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 7, 2008

I almost died this weekend!!!!

Well I had a pity party for myself this week - I was down in the dumps and then had it pointed out to me that it could be due to the fact that family had left town and I was back to being on my own. Thanks for pointing that out Jade!! j/k But seriously - Stevan's grandparents had stayed with us for almost 2 weeks just before Thanksgiving until just the beginning of this week, and then his parents were here a week also and just left on Wednesday. We had a great time and we really miss everyone now. Our driveway looks so empty without the camper parked there. We also were suposed to go to CA this weekend to watch the big game USC vs UCLA with Stevan's sister and her family the Farrs and we didn't end up going. Stevan has been working on a side job and didn't get it finished so he spent Saturday moving along on the work. I was a little upset...but all things happen for a reason and I guess this was Heavevnly Father's way of telling us to stay put. On Friday (which is whn we would have left) I drove to the grocery store and when I braked the wheels locked up and the car didn't move. I freaked out of course - called Stevan hysterical and told him the car didn't work, it wouldn't drive, I was sitting in the middle of the street and would probably end up getting killed...exaggeration I know but I am NOT a rational person people!!! So he calmed me down and I told him I was actually pulled back into a parking spot - I was out of traffics way and safe - and then he told me he was headed to come get me - he was in Mesa. So he got there fast and then I drove his car home and he drove the Expedition home without using brakes...apparently the abs brakes would lock up each time I touched them and wouldn't allow the car to drive. SO...had this happened on our trip we really would have died out on the highway somewhere. Gotta be thankful for all things..althought I did not see it at the time. So Stevan is fixing them now - I guess a bolt or something came loose, something about calipers catching on something blah blah blah - Stevan can fix it. My wonderful sister did lend me her car to putt around in for a couple days and I did get to freak out to my great friend Jade who puts up with me about my near death experience. Fun times people Fun times.......


2 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

That is so scary! I'm glad that you are all okay!

EvaMarieva said...

That is very scary. I am glad you are safe!