Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stick in the MUD






I do property inspections part-time and have the Florence / Coolidge area as my route. There are some dirt roads that I have to travel on and being that we have had rain for the past 5 days straight...I had some inspections on some of these dirt roads that I'd been saving, hoping that the dirt would be dirt instead of mud. So Stevan came with me in case I needed assistance on these roads...and I got STUCK :( Not fun - I felt super bad, I almost started crying.... as Kiran put it "a small part of me was dying inside" We were in mud up to the running boards, the axels were in the mud. So Stevan took a walk to try find help...he found some 2X4s to put under tires....Stevan's dad came and brought some shovels and we dug out...moved a little, dug out more, moved a little more, and then Stevan got us all the way out and back on track...It was a couple hours of "this really sucks" and Stevan has a blood blister on his hand...it was cold and basically I felt like crap for the mess I'd gotten us in. Stevan had a great attitude and tried to cheer me up about it :) I am over it...Let me say it again I HATE RAIN..... end of story :( I took photos AFTER we were out of the mud...I saw some humor after the fact...

1 comments:

charlotte said...

you should have called! We do have a wench you know! Even if it didn't do Jason any good when he got stuck yesterday :)