Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A good fight :)

While reading scriptures last night I experienced a first...my kids started a little "fight" of sorts over reading. Normally we each read a few verses...Clayton gets to repeat 1 verse, Tristen reads between 2-3 verses depending on her mood, Ashlen 4-5, Mason, Stevan and I around 5. So we are in Alma and the wars are going on and we are right where the 2000 Stripling Warriors are ready to take up arms, they are asking Helaman to be their leader and Moroni is writing his epistle to Ammoron. The kids have been so excited by these recent chapters but I guess I didn't know just how much. So we started reading last night and Clayton repeated his verse, then Tristen started reading and stopped after reading 3, then I asked if she was done and she chose to read another one, then paused so I asked her if she was done, and she chose to read another...and this went on until she had read 6 or 7 verses...mind you both Mason and Ashlen were getting impatient and sighed heavily each time she started reading...so after reading the 7th verse, she paused a little and before I got out "Are you done yet" Ashlen jumped in and started reading :) Both her and Mason were giggling and Tristen was not happy...Then Ashlen decided that she wanted to keep reading cause it was getting real good and Mason was sighing..so after she had read more than normal, Mason jumped in and took over before she was done....so there was a little tension. It was funny - I really enjoyed their enthusiasm at the reading and thought if anything...I couldn't have been happier hearing them fight for once in my life :)