Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Merry Christmas

So today is December 10th and we still have not yet gotten our real Christmas tree...I have struggled to get with the program this season and finally got it together and decided that I needed to do something.....the kids keep asking when we are going to put up lights and get a tree - so their constant reminding helped me too. Being that it is the 10th..I made an executive decision that it was silly to go buy a tree at this stage...I wouldn't be going to get one until Saturday at the earliest...can you really see me at a tree lot by myself...stop laughing...I really do need Stevan to do these things...anyways..like I said - executive decision and decided that I would get the kids trees out and put those up. Now Stevan may override my decision - but not wthout a fight.....he hates fake trees but there is a need for them sometimes and this is one of those times. So the kids have these trees which they normally put in their rooms (that way they decorate these as they please and I get to decorate the big tree by myself) and they are supposed to be 3 ft trees...they are really 1 ft basket 2 ft tree...but they wll do...we are going to be out of town for 4 days next week and then Christmas wi;; be here - that's a lot of work for 10 days worth of tree admiring. So I put up the 2 little tres, threw some lights on them and the plant we have in the front room, pulled out a couple decorations and voila - there you have it - I am no longer scrouge!!!! I also felt a little more in the spirit and decided to throw some lights outside where I could reach without a ladder and pull out our inflatable snowman and set him up. So this poor snowman was purchased about 5 years ago - we went to Home Depot with Rob & Debby to get our trees and decided to look inside - we bought this snowman but didn't end up putting him up for some reason...He has been safely in his box until now:) So Christmas is in full force here at 102 W. Pasture Canyon....it is a little scaled down but at least we are putting in some effort - I just need to start the Christmas shopping - don't laugh people!!!




4 comments:

Crazy Petersens said...

Hey...decorations are decorations right? Looks good to me! :)

Carrie said...

I'm sorry but I'm laughing:)

Analiese said...

Love the tree. ha ha ha
I dont think many ppl are really in the christmas spirit this year - even in our street they are only now slowly putting lights up. usually it starts 3 weeks ago!

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

Kylie! I miss you and seeing your house made me miss you more. I think it looks great! :)