Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 22, 2008

PALM SPRINGS

We had the best time in Palm Springs with the Farrers, Boultons and Taylors. We left Thursday night and got back yesterday. Stevan and I decided that the weekend would be a "yes" weekend for the kids. That meant that whatever the kids wanted, we would say yes to for the weekend, but we did not tell them - we wanted to see how long it would take for them to get it. Well Clayton got it pretty fast. We had a couple pit stops on the way and while the kids were all sleeping, we stpped in Quartzsite for a Potty break as requested by Clayton..When we got to the door of the gas station, Clayton turned to me and said "I didn't really need to go potty - I just need something to eat" I told him he would be going potty and then he could get something to eat. So with that he went and got his treat. We got into Palm Springs late and slept like logs. We went shopping the next day and that is when I think Tristen caught on. She asked if she could get something and I said yees - then she asked for more things and I still kept saying yes. Ashlen asked for something and so did Clayton - Masonn asked when we were almost ready to leave and all he asked for was some gum - so thats all he got. I got away with only spending $40.00 at Target!! We went to the grocery store and then back to the condo. When we got back they went swimming, rode bikes, did crafts and continued to eat nothing but candy and drink soda - they watched movies and stayed up until who knows when. They went shooting the following day and then we went to Boomers to play mini golf, play games and drive cars on the slick track. We had the party that night and opened presents, the kids made a gingerbread house, acted out the nativity.....they ate more ice-cream and sida than I'd care to know about. Clayton didn't want to at and kept asking for icec-cream...so I said yes. Tristen went to the store with Stevan and asked for things - that she got...and this happened until we left. While driving home we mentioned this to the kids - did they notice that we had said "yes" to all their requests....You should have seen Mason and Ashlen's face...it hit them then what had been happeneing - Tristen just laughed at them and said she knew. It was a great weekend - we had the best time, we ate tons of food and kicked it in the jacuzzi and laughed and played games. We needed it - we miss everyone and can't wait to get together again. Thanks for including us guys - we love you. I will post pictures when I get them - email them Bart and Clark :)










1 comments:

Nettie said...

What a fun trip!!! I'm so glad you got to go. I wish I had gone with you to the land of "yes!" That could have served me well. So funny that Mason and Ashlen didn't catch on. They had longer to get used to the "no" word, before the little ones joined the family. You guys are such a fun family!