Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the Bailey Girls

Emma and Taylor Bailey are 2 sweet little girls in our ward who are cojoined. This Valentines day there is going to be a "Two Sisters - One Heart" Fundraising Event at Walker Butte Elementary in Johnson Ranch, Queen Creek, Arizona from 8 am - 2pm. The Non-Profit Organization, "Two Sisters-One Heart" is raising funds to kick off the continued health for the twins and ultimately, provide financial help to those parents of conjoined twins who do not survive.

The girls share one common heart and liver. They are face to face, from the breast bone down to the belly button. They are super sweet and we love to see them each Sunday. Please help support this cause if you are able. We also have their blog listed on the side - the Baileys

http://www.twosisters-oneheart.blogspot.com/

A funny little story I have to share...when we first moved into the ward, we noticed the girls..the kids were very intrigued and had questions, and then they were done. So one Sunday I noticed poor Mandy coming into Sacrament meeting just as it was about to start - Tor was up front to bless the sacrament and Mandy was the chorister so as she passed me I told her I would hold the girls until Tor was done and could return to the congregation. Note - this was the first time I held the girls and it was a little different - they kept cooing at me and would startle each other which would lead to one of them getting a little upset - after all they had no clue who I was - some stranger holding them. So as one of the girls got a little unsettled and was starting to cry, Mason leaned over and said " mom, give me one of the twins and then you can settle the other one down" I giggled a little, and gestured to Mason that they were conjoined. I honestly don't think the kids had paid too much attention to that fact - they were full of questions at first but had given it no further thought. It is funny how children are so accepting of others. They twins did settle down and were very happy to see Tor when the bretheren returned to their seats after sacrament. I don't think I shared this story with Mandy.... but these girls are amazing and have a sweet spirit about them - you can't help but smile when you see their faces. We hope to see you all at the fundrasier - we'll be doing the walk :)

0 comments: