Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

1st Day of School




Today was the first day of School for all. We went to meet the teacher night last week and met everyones teachers and then Tristen went to orientation on Friday from 9am until 11am, so they were all excited. We decided that we would get up 15 minutes early and see if we had better luck reading our scriptures at this time - night time is too hard for us. So we were all up at 6am - with the exception of Clayton - we let him sleep in - and we read our scriptures until 6:15, then we ate breakfast and got dressed. I made lunches and we were sitting about at 7am ready to go. I was totally shocked that it didn't take Tristen more time to choose an outfit - her room is a mass of clothes everywhere. Since the bus doesn't come until 7:30 They had to sit and chat and of course take a photo until 7:15. It was really quiet and I jumped back into bed with Clayton and we slept until 8am - yay me!! So I can't wait to see how everyone's day went. Mason had his schedule ready to go and had a couple friends in some of his classes,boy what a change - I have a 7th grader!!! Ashlen didn't have anyone in her class but I am sure she will meet up with her old friends during recess. Tristen has Jensen Searle and Austin Yost in her class so she was lucky, and the other kids in primary are in a couple of the classrooms right next door - so look out Kindergarten teachers - the K-mormon mafia is on to you. I think we have at least 10 primary kids from just our ward in Kindergarten this year !!! Gotta love it.

7 comments:

Analiese said...

how come they start school in july? is that normal?
i thought everyone started in sept.

Party of Five said...

Are you on year-round schedule? We had year round in one area until we moved...I hated it!

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

Go K-Mormon mafia! I hope they give the teachers a run for their money....

jaketara said...

i think morgan has a crush on mason. everytime she sees him, she blushes! can't believe the kids are already in school. isn't it nice? ahhhhhh.... quiet. anyways, miss you and we should get together sometime! i'm sure i won't get a chance to talk to ya on sundays since you know how primary goes! maybe at playgroup. teagan is shifting into one afternoon nap now so i may actually be able to go and take the little buger! k, see ya round crazy lady! :)

steph said...

How do yo like year round? I think I would like it. I want to be able to go on vacations during different times in the season.

Nettie said...

Who is the K teacher? I wonder if Devin is in that class. Whoever the teacher is has her hands full! Devin has already had a note sent home 2 out of 3 days...that boy won't be quiet unless I'm in the room. I'm glad that Ashlen and Greggory are in the same class. It's fun to have a church connection at school. At least I loved it when I was a kiddo.

Ted and Amanda said...

I can't believe how big T & Ash are! Really weird to have them in school in the dead of heat!