Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the kids are back in town








Well the kids are back - and I am happy, but missing the deafening silence I kind of enjoyed while they were gone. They had quite a busy week filled with fun. On Monday they went to visit their Maw Maw and PaPa and hung out with cousins until Grandma Debby came and got them for the night. They went swimming at her house and Clayton had the adventure of his life. He must have had a little more confidence than normal because he decided that he needed to go down one of Debby's slides into the pool. She put a life vest on him, sprayed the slide down with water and helped him down the slide. I guess he struggled when he got into the water and couldn't keep himself flipped over to kick to the side. I am not sure what the girls were doing (I doubt they would have been able to calm him down anyways) and Debby had to slide on into the pool - clothes and all - to rescue him because he couldn't seem to get it. Mason was inside busy playing Wii and couldn't help either - way to go Mason. So they went to the Boultons for FHE and apparently had a great time - the girls played dominos with Jody while the rest played Settlers. On Tuesday they hung out and went to see Kung Fu Panda with Robbie and Debby. On Wednesday they played with cousins, and on Thursday they went to the beach and then went to see cousin Ethan's T-Ball game - that was a blast. The girls had a sleep over at Aunt Kelly's and the boys got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa. They had quilting on Friday and then hung out with cousins again until Grandpa got home and they went to see Wall-E. They had a great time. Stevan and I arrived Friday night and we went to visit Robbie and Debby. On Saturday the boys went bowling with Robbie and RJ and the girls went shopping for ribbons - we had dinner with Maw Maw and PaPa and then dessert with the cousins and then game night at the Farrers - whew..... what a packed week. We left Sunday to come home. I drove only a small portion of the way once we got into AZ - it was super windy and I was not enjoying hanging on for dear life as trucks passed by. Stevan traded me and just in time - the monsoon rains came and I couldn't see a thing. There is a picture that I will post - camera is not downloading right now - that shows the sky - pretty scary if you ask me. What a great time for all - thank you Grandma, Grandpa, Debby, Robbie, Maw Maw and PaPa.

3 comments:

Party of Five said...

GEESH!! I'm worn out already just from reading this. How fun for your kids! Cousin time is the best!!

We got stuck in a monsoon(sp)in Cancun. Talk about being soaked to the bone!!

Ted and Amanda said...

Um, excuse me! I didn't get fitted into your weekend, Whatever! Too bad ya'll couldn't wait one more week to come out, cause Shelley, Jeff & the kiddos will be here tomorrow. Miss you!

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

It sounds like they had a great time...Now back to school! I love reading your posts, you crack me up!! :)