Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Storm

We are in the middle of monsoon season, which is another thing we love about living in AZ - it is super hot and then all of a sudden BOOM you got storms and lightning - which is amazing to see. I should have guessed it when it felt great out earlier this evening - all the kids were outside hanging with their friends at 7pm when the storm started to roll in. Stevan said that he saw it driving in from Tempe - you could see the dark clouds forming. Well I am not much of a photographer - I need Nettie to help me with that....but I took some photos of the house and you can see the dark sky behind us
Photobucket

Then you look to the left - down by Lisette and Devin's house and you see this
Photobucket

and then to the right.....yes it is coming
Photobucket

and then here are some strikes - this is looking from the patio to the side of the house - the dog-run is right here and they got let out to sleep on the patio tonight..it is probably going to be a wet one. Like I said I suck so just imagine the strikes a little better..and a lot more of them. It looks like it is snowing - but I believe it is the wind kicking up dust or something....
Photobucket

Photobucket
For those living in AZ this is no big deal - we see this on a regular basis - but for our CA friends....this is what you are missing out on. We love this!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never taken a shot of lightening before. How cool that you were able to. It looks great in the photo. And yes monsoon season is my favorite time of the year too!

Nettie said...

I LOVE the monsoon season. I just wish it didn't always rain in the middle of the night when we're sleeping. We Arizonan's deserve a mid-day rain once in a while. I LOVE the picture's! I missed this storm. I must have been out of town. Don't you love being outside when it's about to rain? We're glad you're here for it and feel sorry for your Cali friends who miss you.

Eric and Alison said...

Hey Powells-Love your blog-it is so great to catch up with your family! Boy am I happy that you are there and not me. My sister used to live in Mesa and when we would visit her during monsoon season it would totally freak me out. I am so not ok with a hard core storm coming through while it is hot-oooooooooh it gives me chills just typing about it......I am so happy that you guys are enjoying Arizona....Enjoy your monsoons I will continue to enjoy the So Cal sun!!!

Party of Five said...

Tommy and I love, love, love summer thunderstorms! They are the absolute BEST!!

You took way better pictures than I ever could have.

Enjoy the rest of monsoon season you lucky dog.