Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Trunk or Treat

Ashlen. Lily, Tristen & Clayton
Ashlen the footballer
Tristen the Angel
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin and Giselle (jada)
Kiss Nation
Devin & Lisette


We had our ward Trunk or Treat on Saturday night and it was a blast - thank you Lacy and committee - you guys did an awesome job. The kids loved it. As always, I waited until the last minute to do costumes. Ashlen had already decided that she wanted to be a football player - you gotta love when they pick something easy like that - so she donned Mason's gear and I put mascara under her eyes. Tristen wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood, and luckily I didn't go out and buy material without showing her what the costume entailed. Tristen, Clayton and I went to dinner Friday night (Stevan was working, Mason was at a Scout Campout & Ashlen was at HSM3 with friends) and then we went to get costumes. She saw the picture and decided immediately that the look wasn't pretty enough for her :) So she decided to be an angel. Clayton had bought a lightsaver with his birthday $$ so he has been talking about being Anakin Skywalker for a while and Mason decided he would be a hippy - yeah us - I have birkenstocks and plenty of tie dye. So I started costumes Saturday at 2pm - the Trunk or Treat started at 5pm and I finished Claytons as Stevan and the kids returned from football at 4:30pm...not a munite to spare. We grabbed kids, threw on costumes and made it to the church. The Activities Committee had hot dog dinners for us, and the kids played games then went around getting candy. Lisette and Devin came and joined us and I have to say I didn't even recognize my sister. I saw someone waving at me and was confused....I hadn't seen this blonde before...then I saw them manning our car...and then recognized Devin...so figured the blonde had to be Lisette....duh......well it was fun and now the kids are ready for October 31st.