Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mason -Halloween Party part deux

Well Mason finally got up the courage to ask me tonight if he could go to the Halloween party alone. He talked with the girl having the party and brought home note from her stating that Parents couldn't stay - they just had to drop off or pick up. What - my giving him the option of having either Lisette or Devin go in place of Stevan or I didn't fly either? "They are younger and will blend in better" nope "Devin can go in his cable uniform and people will think he is there to fix the cable" nope. shesh - the kids these days!!! So he got up the courage on the way to practice to ask if he could go - I said "Sure" - Mason said ".....to that Halloween party" I said "yep I know" - Mason said " the one on October 31st" - I said "Yeah - I know" - Mason said "I can go by myself?" I said "Yes Mason" - Mason said "without you, dad, lisette or devin" I said "Yes Mason" "then why are you smiling" - he said - I said "because" - Mason says "Mom - quit messing with me!" - I said "Son you can go by yourself and I am smiling because I can"........so he is still a little unsure....I think he will continue to check with me each day. Ha Ha - I am sooooo mean - but this is fun. Hey - we should get to torture the kids a little - I am sure they will give it back later!!!!

2 comments:

PJ and Me said...

Don't you just love being a mom? Love the comment: because I can.

Unknown said...

You are sooo mean! I love it! I still want a grown up party, but have no time or desire to get one started. How bout you!?!?! hehe