Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 17, 2008

Mason


A quick little story - Mason has been invited to a Halloween party and had asked me the other day if he would be able to go. "You don't have to stay mom - you can just drop me off" Well..I said that he could attend but that either Stevan or I had to be there because it was a boy/girl party and we didn't know the parents. "But mom, the parents of the girl having the party will be there and they are going to hang out in their room - if we need anything they will be there" me - "Well so will dad or I - besides we'll wear a costume - the other kids won't even know we are there!" Mason - "Well don't you trust me mom? - You let me go to Cheyenne's movie party the other week" - me - "I must have been crazy - I'll talk to dad and let you know" Mason " Mom there are a ton of members who are going - we'll be okay and nothing crazy will happen" Aren't those the famous last words?!?! So this morning Mason brought up the party again.."Mom did you talk to Dad?" Me - "Yep - we decided he is going to go with you" Mason - "Are you kidding me? I said there wouldn't be any trouble - that is embarassing!" me - "Well I guess you need to break it to Dad that he has been uninvited - he was really excited to go - He will be disappointed" Needless to say Mason did not have a smile on his face......Ha Ha - we will let him sweat it out a little longer and then let him know he can go - without us!!!

1 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

So funny! I can't believe it's starting already! Your story reminds me of an episode of "Rosanne" when she dressed up like a hillbilly just to embarrass her daughter!