Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 27, 2008

Primary Program

We had our Primary Program yesterday at Church and let me tell you what a relief it is that we are done. The kids really did an awesome job and I struggled to keep it together listening to them sing. The weeks of sleepless nights and trying to make sure all kids had a part and hoping they would remember words and get to the pulpit when they needed to and be reverent...well it all came together, which is what everyone kept telling me would happen. After our practice on Saturday I Was not too sure...but they did it and I had many people come up and say what a wonderful job the kids did. Stevan even mentioned that this was the best program he had seen ( he said it wasn't just because I was his wife) The children were amazing - the reverence and the spirit was strong. They truly testified through their actions and singing that they did know that they were Children of God. I am so grateful for this calling that I have, for the opportunity I have to work with these kids. They are so special and they have such a spirit about them, you can't help but fell the closeness they have with their Heavenly Father when you are with them. What a privilege it is to be surrounded by these spiritual giants. On another note, sadly we learned that our dear Bishop Olson and his family are moving from our ward. How saddened I was, along with most of the ward I am sure, to be losing such and amazing man and his amazing family. There are a couple of things I can be sure of each Sunday...and one is the infectious personality and smile of PJ Olson - she is an amazing person who spreads cheer everywhere she goes. I could always count on her to lift me up a little more when seeing her in the halls, and the boys will be missed in primary - what great kids they are. We love you Olsons and you will be sorely missed by all.

3 comments:

Party of Five said...

We also had our Primary Program with was AWESOME. I teach in primary. So near the very end of the program we sang Child's Prayer. The teacher's sang the "mom" part of the song and kids sang the other. We had so many people crying. I had to bite the inside of my cheeck so I wouldn't burst out like a baby while I was singing. I love feeling the spirit that strong, testifying to me the strength, love and importance we are ALL teaching our family about the gospel. Kudo's for you for having a very successful program. It's my favorite sacrament of the year.

PJ and Me said...

You have been "Boo'ed". Go to my blog to get your treat(picture) and instructions and then "boo" your friends. Happy Halloween!

Crazy Petersens said...

It was perfect! I loved every minute of it. Taylor forgot to go up for his part and I asked him why and he said, "well Mom, I was just listening and looking at you and I forgot." Gotta love it! :)