Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

Oak Flats - Devil's Canyon

We decided to go hiking this Sunday after Church and went up to Devil's Canyon. Stevan has been here rock climbing before with the Scouts. Well the Merrills and Grandpa Wayne came with us and all was well until we got to the dirt road. Stevan failed to tell me about this part of the trip - I hate 4-wheeling and going up and down large steep rock covered roads. I get sick and my stomach is in knots - I'd rather go through childbirth than this anyday!! So...like I said - he didn't tell me about it and I think Lisette's leg will tell the story - I had a firm grip on it as we were driving in - I am sure she has bruises. And the kids were laughing it up - wee this is like a roller coaster!!! Whatever ........ but once we got down there we had a great time - we saw lizards and spiders and a dead frog, butterflys and wasps that were huge. The girls helped Devin collect leaves for his biology class and Clayton became and official rock climber - that is his new name now "Rocky" He did great! It was beautiful and I was glad we went - just not happy about the steep drive and probably will not be going back there again - I am a party pooper and can handle a little 4-wheeling - just not that much. Oh - and as a side note - everyone in the car was witness to the fact that I am right and we will NOT be getting a minivan ever!!!! Stevan noted that being that we enjoy doing this type of thing...a minivan probably wouldn't work well as it doesn't have 4 wheel drive.....duh!!!!! I have been screaming this forever - what Minivan can tow all our dirtbikes and get us into canyons....yeah me!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments: