Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

RIP dear beloved Flip Flops


so for those who knew me well...you would know that I have a favorite pair of flip flops that I have worn day in and day out and knew that they were on their last leg...but was hoping that they would somehow miraculously make it for years to come. Well - they died - and they did so at Peter Piper Pizza on our way out the door - it must be an omen - I am not going there again. So these Flip Flops were lusted after when I saw Heather walking around with them...and then she told me where she got them - so I RAN with Danica to American Eagle and picked up a pair, along with a pair for Danica and 1 for Debby too. At least mine outlasted both of theirs - I think Danica lost 1 a few months into it and then would "borrow" Debby's pair...Debby's died a while back too....So American Eagle doesn't have any more like this - I already looked at the beginning of Summer...luckily my mom has a pair that I've been testing out and they will work - they aren't as comfy as the last AE ones, but they will have to do. Heather - find some more "to die for" shoes will you and let me in on the secret location :)

3 comments:

Analiese said...

You dont call them the good old poly word "jandels"?

he he he

Heather said...

I totally had the same ones and the same thing happened to me. I eventually jumped on the bandwagon and got a pair of rainbows. They do me good.

Nettie said...

Oooo, I just buried a pair of fabulous flip flops in June. I got a pair of OluKai when I was in Boulder this Summer. I love them. They aren't feminine looking, but I'm not a bling girl anyway. I'm not sure where they sell them, but they are unbelievably comfortable. I'll have a moment of silence for your departed ff.